Week 2 Recap + Waiver Wire Adds
- Saquon Barkley (torn ACL)
- Dion Lewis played on 87% of the snaps
- Lot of stuff from camp saying Gallman would carry the load if Barkley went down. He was a healthy scratch on Sunday which is why it was all D-Lew but clearly they're not gonna want him to be handling all the carries.
- The problem is, everyone stinks.
- Wayne Gallman stinks.
- They bring in Devonta Freeman for a potential signing.
- To be honest I don't want anyone in this backfield right now.
- If anything I'll throw a few $0 bids on these guys, if I get them whatever, but I'm not going to be the one out-bidding others for this backfield where Saquon is ripping off 8-yard games.
- CMac (ankle)
- So Cmac has the dreaded high ankle sprain. He said 4-6 weeks. But if you look at what we've seen over the last couple of years - you almost never see someone miss more than 3 weeks.
- Mike Davis came in and saw every snap after Cmac left. He saw 8 fuckin targets, 7 in the 4th quarter in comebyke mode. Those 7 targets in the 4th quarter alone, were more than julio, woods, chark, hollywood, kupp, metcalf had in their entire games. Davis is a must-add obviously with the question mark on Cmac.
- In that same game, we had the bounce-back of DJ Moore - 13-8-120
- And Robby Anderson man - the dude is balling - currently the WR6 in half ppr leagues.
- Both guys could eclipse 125 targets this year.
- Admittedly it's probably best to lower ceiling expectations of DJM, because this team is struggling scoring through the air consistently. Moore might end up with another season like last, 4-6 touchdown range. If you want to get out now, I wouldn't blame you.
- Davante Adams (hamstring)
- My god is Aaron Jones about to win leagues again in 2020. Remember those numbers from last year, Jones' receiving numbers with Adams out of the game? He became Rodgers' go-to option, and he was again on Sunday.
- Raheem Mostert (mild MCL sprain) & Tevin Coleman
- Both guys are going to be out at minimum for Week 3 vs. the Giants. Coleman multiple weeks, Mostert maybe 1-2 weeks.
- They will use Jeff Wilson. There's no way they're going into this game plan with the idea of using JMCK as their workhorse. Shanahan's been the coach here for years and McKinnon's been injured for years. He's looked explosive, but don't be surprised when this backfield is split almost evenly.
- Now, this is not something I do often, but I think Mostert is a buy-low candidate. The injury isn't too serious, while Coleman's seems a lot more serious. Now, your tune on Mostert would have been a lot more high-pitched if Coleman wasn't in the picture right. I think that's what we might get for a while this year.
- Cam Akers (rib) & Malcolm Brown (fractured left pinky expected to play)
- Unfortunate, cause Akers started the game, got the first 3 carries as the starter, was looking strong, carry inside the 10 yard line and then go hurt.
- Brown out-snapped Henderson (37-29) but Henderson far out-produced: 12-81-1, 3-2-40 in the passing game - the only Rams RB to see a target.
- They've talked about committee - they want it to be a kyle shanahan esq. Like yeah, I'd like to own something back here maybe, because of how run-heavy they are.
- But realistically, it was mainly Brown's backfield until the 4th quarter - they are two very different RBs.
- The Rams currently 32nd, dead last in passing rate - 43.2% of their plays have been passes. Last year, the Ravens were the lowest in the NFL at around 46% of their plays being passes.
- Will Fuller (hamstring)
- Sammy Watkins (concussion)
- Mecole Hardman?
- Jimmy G (high ankle sprain)
- Tyrod Taylor (chest)
- Courtland Sutton (out for year)
- Sooo a bunch to unpack here. We also have Drew Lock with a rotator cuff strain. It's likely going to sideline him for a minimum of three weeks, probably more. Jeff Driskel comes in
- Driskel targeted Jerry Jeudy a lot. I actually think Jeudy will be usable with Sutton out, even with Driskel under center.
- I think Driskel is one of the underrated good backup QBs. Last year in DET he was super effective on the ground, rushed for over 50 yards/game in three games. Came in on Sunday, in relief of Lock and threw for 256 yards and two scores against a tough Steelers defense, in Pitt.
- There next five games are the Bucs, who you cant run against, Jets, Pats, Dolphins, Chiefs. And a week 8 bye. Like there are worse options if you are desperate at QB.
- The speedy KJ Hamler is my second favorite pickup here, saw 7 targets in his debut game.
- S. Shepard (toe)
- Parris Campbell (avoided ACL tear but gonna be out for a long time)
- Hilton looking like an absolute bust
- With Doyle out for who knows, Mo Alie Cox had a big game.
- 20 carries + 7 targets - 27 opportunities
- 95 rushing yards, touchdown - 36 receiving yards.
- Played on 75% of the 3rd down snaps too!!
- I'm old enough to remember when this was a committee!!
- Oh to be young and naive again
Ronald Jones vs. Leonard Fournette
- Jones looked good to start, had the early TD, but Fournette led the duo in snaps in every quarter thereafter.
- And of course had the breakaway TD run to iceeeee the game. That's what Fournette brings to the game.
- Y'all know I shat on Fournette when he was on the Jags, but my draft rankings this summer once he moved over to the Bucs had Fournette firmly above Rojo, and this was why. RoJo fucks up one time, and this is what happens. He opens the door a crease, and a like a sleazy salesman, praying on the vulnerable little housewife, Bruce Arians the housewife in this scenario, Fournette sneaks his foot in the door.
Diontae Johnson WR1 in PIT?
- Over 31% target share.
- Might be the best WR on the roster.
- Russell Gage (Julio hamstring? If he catches TD no one is talking about this).
- Michael Pittman makes some sense - he's going to be a full-time player with Parris Campbell and Jack Doyle out. Was in on the most snaps on Sunday, 67/73 (92%).
- AJ Green
- Kenyan Drake
- Ryan Tannehill @ MIN
Deep Dynasty Pickup of the Week
- KY Wesleyan
- 99th% college dominator and YPR (24.6)
Darnell Mooney - Chicago Bears
- Played over Anthony Miller. Miller is in the dog house after RZ drops.
- Mooney ran 21 routes, 17 for Miller.