Week 14 Rankings
This story of this week is basically your stud RBs are ranked high, some with fantastic matchups some without - you know the Cmac, Henry, Aaron Jones, Robinson, Cook, and then the low end RB1s/high end RBs2 are actually literred with great matchups.
Starting around Rb8 with Chris Carson against the Jets as two touchdown favorites. JT at RB10 vs the Raiders (4), Zeke Rb11 vs the Bengals (12), Wayne Gallman RB12 vs. ARI (16), D-Mont RB13 vs. HOU (2), James Conner at RB14 vs. BUF (10), Gaskin vs. KC (14).
All guys that should get a lot of work and be efficient with it. D-Mont you could probably argue to put higher, but we've been disappointed by him before, as I said earlier this week - dmont scored 2 rushing tds on sunday, 2 in his previous 18 games.
I have Ronald Jones at RB20, 6 spots lower than consensus - up at RB14 - wya too aggressive given all the other options up there with better matchup and much less uncertainty. This chart:
Now, Minnesota is definitely not a fantastic run defense, but they're not terrible. They're 16th in fantasy points allowed - 22nd in standard (where RoJo does his thing). They're a much worse passing defense, BUT Howie Kendricks is 50/50 to play on Sunday. If he plays, it's a downgrade for Rojo. If he doesn't he'll probably move up a bit (get the full rankings to see where he moves on Patreon).
I've got Gio right behind him at RB21 and he's been pretty terrible as of late, but this is the first time in a while, against this DAL defense that I actually feel kind of okay starting him in my lineup.
I'm sure Cam Akers is going to be in a lot of questions this week, I have him at RB22 and I do NOT feel good about it. Patriots have actually been fantastic against the run recently, 29th in the league in FPs allowed over the L5 weeks - they've allowed just two rushing scores over the last five weeks. Last week was only the second time that a Rams RB played on over 60% of the snaps. He played on 63%, and it was because Darrell Henderson got hurt. The other time was malcolm brown in week 14 - 61% of the snaps ---- because Akers was inactive. there's a chance is really Akers and he runs with it - but idk, matchup plus time share makes me really nervous here still.
If Josh Jacobs is out again, which he likely is, Devontae Booker can be a flex play, I have him at RB30 same exact as consensus, RB31 Ty Johnson, same as consensus, all gonna depend on Frank Gore's health. If Gore plays, Johnson will drop byke to like RB40-45, if not, he'll be an intriguing upside flex play vs a tough SEA run defense and then Devin Singletary at RB32 also aligned with consensus. He's been not terrible as of late and getting work, but I really don't want any part of this ground game especially against the Steelers.
- Matt Patricia walked past this fish market chu know what im saying. he stopped, he took a deep breathe he said... good morning RBBC.
So they've had one game without Patricia and AP saw 76% of the RB touches. Darrell Bevell is the interim HC - he's ran with many, many workhorse RBs in his career - that's how he prefers to operate. AP, Marshawn Lynch. AP again.
- Robby Anderson (no DJ Moore - all DEN CBs ded)
- I expect Tre'Davious White to be on Claypool a LOT this game - so does PFF and PlayerProfiler. WR13 every week, Diontae Johnson. Just dont move him from that spot in your lineup. He's just so fucking good.
- Despite the finger thing, it's good, he's getting the pin out. I like his matchup a lot this week - the Vikings are tougher against the run than the pass and Godwin gets the easiest matchup by far in the slot against Jeff Gladney, a rookie. He's #9 in yards allowed/route covered among 125 CBs and #4 in fantasy points allowed/route covered.
Breshad the Gawd Perriman
- Denzel Mims was surprisingly ruled out.
- They take on Seattle.
- #1 in rec yards allowed - 3877, 2nd most plays of 20+ yards (46 - that's over 3/game almost 4.)
- Over the last 7 weeks, Perriman's aDOT is 2nd in the NFL and he's averaged over 20 yards/reception in that span. During that time, nearly 24% target share and 35% air yard share in the Jets offense. Absolutely love Perriman this week.
- He's a guy I've been high on, he was my top buy guy for the 2H of the season given the matchups they had and no OBJ - but I'm staying away from Landry in this one, despite what he's been able to do as of late. He gets Marlon Humphrey. I like Landry as a player, but idt he's good enough to be better than really good CBs.
- I'm feeling more of a 7-45 kind of game from Jarvis in this one. Not terrible in PPR - but you can find higher upside elsewhere.
- Byke from (7-week) injury in Week 11, we've seen MVS' snap % drop in each week since Lazard has returned and the two were almost equal last week - I expect Lazard to leap frog him soon and he gets a fantastic matchup against the Lions slot CB Justin Coleman - Lazard is running 50% of his routes from the slot and Coleman's an 80% catch rate right now, 3rd highest number in the NFL.
- I mean obviously he's not a sure thing, Adams will go off, this could be a game, as 7.5 favorites (surprising) that their RBs touch the ball 40+ times, or MVS simply catches a deep pass, but I think if you're looking for a deep play at WR, I don't hate Lazard here.