Week 13 Waiver Wire + Week 12 Recap
Josh Jacobs (ankle)
- did something on his fumble in the 3rd quarter.
- "Jacobs injured his ankle in the third quarter. I believe he suffered a high ankle sprain. The return-to-play timeline is anywhere from no time missed to three-plus weeks. The problem is that the injury makes it tough for players to change direction effectively. More information should come out over the next day or two." - This is from the PFF injury doctor
- Devontae booker finished the game, jacobs did not return, but they were down like 35 and Nathan Petergawd came in, so none of the starters did.
- Keep a close eye on reports, Devontae Booker would be a #1 pickup, he took every RB touch in the 4th quarter.
Dalvin Cook (ankle)
- Injured, looked like it could be serious, came byke though, ran fine.
- Will depend on swelling, should be ready for Week 13, but stay tuned.
Daniel Jones (hamstring)
- tried coming byke in, couldn't
- will hurt him if he plays - needs mobility
- supposedly it's supposed to be pretty bad. a grade 2 hammy will put you out for 3-6ish weeks, QBs would probably fight through it a little earlier than skill players so I'd guess on the lighter side of it.
- not very interested in colt mccoy
- they get to play SEA next week, so Shepard, Engram and Gallman will be in play regardless.
Calvin Ridley (ankle)
DJ Moore (ankle)
- non-contact injury, mid-air gave out.
- team said ankle, looked like achilles/calf
- best case = minor sprain
- could be very serious, achilles
- they have a bye next week, so if it does turn out to be insignificant, we could see him in week 14, but doubtful. most likely out a couple of weeks
- this make robby anderson (7-4-94-1) a high-end WR2 and curtis samuel (5-5-72) - now has double-digit FPs in 5-of-last-6 games. they get DEN, GB, WAS to close out the year
Philip Lindsay (knee)
- Missed second half
- Believed he suffered a mild MCL sprain or meniscus injury. I expect him to miss some time.
Titty or Committee
- Dk Gurley's status for Week 13
- BHill (13-55-0 | 1 target, 0 catches)
- Smith (12-65-1 | 5-4-10)
- NO, LAC, TB
- Clear committee
- I'm not playing any RB against NO next week
Cincy (with Brandon Allen)
- Higgins /Boyd
- Allen threw for just 139 yards against a Giants d that coming into the game was allowing over 275 passing yards/game to opponents.
- Higgins saw 5 targets, 5-40-1
- Boyd 6 targets, 3-15
- It's ugly - hard to start either with confidence, I'd imagine it'll continue to be low-volume and they'll switch on and off in their okay weeks.
- But def. big committee not titty.
- Kamara vs. Latavius
- This is real, somehow.
- Latavius 19-124-2 caught a pass for 2 yards
- Kamara, 11 carries for 54 yards, 1 catch -2 yards.
- Could've been a product of game script for the discrepancy to be this big, but we now have 2.5 games sample size w/o Drew Brees
- The touch count is 41-34 in favor of Murray
- In the two Taysom games, it's 34-25 for Murray.
- Simply put, Taysom is 1. not throwing the ball enough, he has 39 pass attempts over the last two weeks - in that same two week span, there have been 16 instances of a QB throwing that many passes or more in a single game. 2. they're not going to running backs:
- The NFL average for RB target rate is
- It's a very big concern obviously for Kamara owners. And now we have Hill taking GL carries like it's his job, bc it is. Hill 4 GL carries to Kamara's 2
- I'm going to be moving him down my ROS rankings for sure, look out for tomorrow's video to see just how far.
- Akers popped off the stat sheet, because of his 61 yard run. Finished 8-84-1 on the ground. Henderson out-carried him 10-8, only had 19 yards.
- Malcolm Brown finally fading into non existence, 3-4-0.
- Two games in a row for Akers getting into the endzone.
- I mean it's wildly clear who the best back here is, it's Akers, but it's also wildly clear that they're using a committee here. In the five games that all three of them have been actually active, not nursing injuries and shit, the touch splits have been
- Hendy: 55
- Akers: 44
- Brown: 36
- The bigger problem is that, like, not a single catch was made by a running back yesterday.
- ____ check snaps/routes
- Fucking goat.
- 25 touches in his first game byke. A fucking career-high.
- 11 catches, on 16 targets. 85 yards, 44 more on the ground.
- 16 targets is obviously an outlier, but like with Herbert under center man, idk how unrealistic 6+ targets/game is is.
- He had two targets inside the 10, got tackled at the 1 on one of them, had a carry at the 11, at the 8, then @ the 2.
- Big scores games are coming, huge.
- I fucking love Deebo.
- 13 targets, 11 catches 133 yards. A 37.1% target share.
- Deebo Samuel: 83 of his 133 yards occurred after contact vs LA Rams. Most by a WR in a game this season.
- Yall got used to seeing Aiyuk and forgot how good this man was in the open field.
- Obviously doesnt hurt having Aiyuk out.
- They play next week on MNF so it's likely Aiyuk is byke, but really who knows.
- Deebo is a low-end WR2 for now in that game and if is available for some sadistic reason he's on the wire he's easily the #1 WR.
- In that same game, it's Mostert. Returning for first time since Week 6. Leads the backfield with 16 carries for 43 yards and a tug, saved the day there.
- Jeff Wilson had 12 carries to Mostert's 16.
- McKinnon had 3 targets, Mostert had 2 but had 0 yards. He was never a big pass-catcher but he brings monster explosion plays to the field and he's clearly the RB1 here when he's on the field. That being said, he was only in on 40% of their snaps and McKinnon was in on every passing-down situation. That being said, being saidI'm not worried about Mostert all, Rams are such a tough matchup for fantasy RBs.
- Gets BUF, WAS, DAL, ARZ - great month of matchups.
#Cardinals Week 12 backfield opportunities:
Kenyan Drake - 22 carries, 4 targets
Chase Edmonds - 6 carries, 5 targets
Waiver Wire Pickups
- DeAndre Washington
- Led the bykefield in snaps, carries, targets, touches, all of it. Gaskin didn't end up getting on the field, so we'll see what happens there, but it's worth noting that D-Wash is the play over Breida.
- Gabriel Davis
- Running as a near 100% snap guy with John Brown out.
- Davis has had three games where he's been on the field for over 65% of the snaps, those three games resulted in:
- He's worth a look with Brown on the IR. They get SF, PIT, DEN
- DeVante Parker
- plug tik tok
- so good with fitz
- 119 rec. yards, all other MIA WRs combined: 60
- Double Digit Derrick
- I'm petitioning to make this man's nickname DDD double digit derrick.
- Breshad Perriman/Denzel Mims
- Both had 8 targets. Perri - 4-79, Mims 4-67
- Mims now has 8 targets in three straight games (check aDOTs)
- Among 92 players with at least 30 targets on the year, Mims aDOT is 4th in the NFL, Perriman's is 8th. Over the last month of the season, they are #1 and #2. This offense is literally, 3 yard carry to Gore, 6 yard cross to Crowder or chuck it deep to Mims/Perirman. Over the l